There are more than a couple reasons why fall is a great time to buy a home in our market.
There are seven reasons what fall is a great time to purchase a home.
1. There is less competition. If you’re a buyer out there looking in the fall, chances are you face less competition from other buyers and steer clear of any multiple offer situations like you’d see in the spring.
2. Sellers are tired of marketing. They want to be done with things. They’ve probably been on the market since summer, and that tends to wear them down. This makes them a little more motivated.
3. Sellers are more serious. Oftentimes, they’re trying to move before winter hits, so that works in your favor.
4. You can also take advantage of the tax breaks you’ll get during this time of year.
5. Pricing tends to be more reasonable. Again, sellers have been on the market for a while and they’re tired of marketing their property. As we all know, the longer a seller’s home is on the market, the less they’ll typically take for their property.
6. There are fewer buyers out there. This is somewhat related to the first point, but fewer buyers means sellers are happy when they get active showings.
7. Interest rates are still great!
If you’re thinking of purchasing a home, now is the time to do it. If you want to start the home buying process or you have any questions about what’s happening in our Anchorage market, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d love to help you.